Add boston dating url best on line dating match
The line has its northern terminus at Lechmere in East Cambridge with connections to numerous bus routes serving Cambridge and Somerville.
From there it runs south over the Lechmere Viaduct and into an extension of the Tremont Street Subway under downtown Boston to the Boston Common.
The four branches are the remnants of a large streetcar system, which began in 1856 with the Cambridge Horse Railroad and was consolidated into the Boston Elevated Railway several decades later.
The Tremont Street Subway – the oldest subway tunnel in North America – opened its first section on September 1, 1897, to take streetcars off overcrowded downtown streets; it was extended five times over the next five decades.
The branches were given letters in 1967, two years after the green color was assigned to the line on August 26, 1965.
The letters were assigned increasing from north to south, to the five remaining branches.
As of 2017, regular "D" service turns around at Government Center.
The "E" or "Heath Street" (formerly "Arborway") Branch diverges from the other three lines just west of Copley.
A new branch opened on a converted commuter rail line in 1959; the Green Line Extension project will add two new branches into Somerville and Medford in 2021.
It continues west in the Boylston Street Subway to Kenmore Square.
The Green Line tunnels through Downtown Boston and the Back Bay are collectively referred to as the Central Subway.
All trains except "E" also stop at Hynes Convention Center and Kenmore. The "B", "Boston College" or "Commonwealth Avenue" Branch is the northernmost of the three lines that split west of Kenmore.
It travels west down the middle of Commonwealth Avenue, ending at Boston College.
The "C" Branch surfaces onto Beacon Street, running to Cleveland Circle at the Chestnut Hill Reservoir. It runs past Boston University, passes within a quarter mile of Cleveland Circle, where a connection to the latter runs down Chestnut Hill Ave., and continues to Boston College. west of Boston University and ran to Watertown, across the Charles River from Watertown Square, until 1969.